UNDETECTABLE FOR FOUR YEARS, WHERE TO GO FROM HERE?

MY LATEST TESTS ARE: T-CELLS 1255, V.L. 1.27 COPIES PER M.L; ANY OPTIONS TO ERRADICATE, HAVE HAD SIMILAR COUNTS FOR FOUR YEARS; KNOWN FOR FOUR YEARS.AM I A CANDIDATE FOR ANY EXPERIMENTAL TESTING. SHOULD I LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE, AM I BEING TREATING AGRESSIVELY ENOUGH WITH COMBIVIR/VIRAMUNE. IT SEEMS I COULD BE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR MOVING FORWARD TO TRY TO DO MORE, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT , BUT SOMETHING. I AM READY TO MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE . I AM A 32 YEAR OLD WHITE MALE, HOMOSEXUAL. I AM WILLING TO TRY, FOR MYSELF , AND OTHERS TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS POSSIBLE, ANYTHING. I WANT TO BE APART OF THE FUTURE OF ERRADICATING THIS AND FEEL I AM WASTING MY LIFE WAITING BETWEEN TESTING. I WANT TO BE DOING SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. I AM NOW ON DISABILITY, THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING I CAN DO. I AM WILLING TO RISK MY LIFE TO HELP WITH THE FUTURE OF THE TREATMENT OF HIV/AIDS. SINCERELY, CHRIS M.

It appears you have done remarkably well with the current regimen. There are several strategies that are being looked at such as gene therapy, or therapuetic vaccines, but these are all still experimental and it is too early to tell if any of these strategies work. MH

Worried Mom +Elisa
dc-sign