Thank you for your response?

Here is my situation: I am a 40 year old female. I had unprotected vaginal sex July 01, with a person of unknown HIV status. I also have genital herpes, but was not having an outbreak at the time of the unprotected sex act.

Shortly after Thanksgiving (Nov '01)I began to panic with fear of being HIV infected. I went for antibody testing on Dec. 4th '01 at two different facilities. (This is roughly a 5 month window). My results from both labs came back negative. On one of the lab results it stated: HIV & HTLV Studies were negative. This particular lab did draw two viles of blood and I'm curious as to what an HTLV study is for and also should I be tested again perhaps in the next few weeks or months?

I am here to say also that through lots of prayer and education, I have made a commitment to significant lifestyle changes.

Thank you for this site and the expertise that is offered. The dedication that is provided is praiseworthy and I pray that each and every person who writes in and reads the valuable information provided can find peace and comfort.

Thank You!

Posted.

Abnormal CBC as an indicator ?
indications of high liver enzymes