Dec 28, 2001
Would it be unusual to have a normal liver function test and cbc after four years of infection with absolutlety no medications. I've heard results can be normal, but wouldn't there be at least one abnormality after four years of untreated infection? Give it to me straight.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is very possible to have normal screening labs such as you list for that period of time. Other variables such as HCV, alcohol, HIV or other meds, and other diseases all can contribute or escalate liver or bone marrow (blood) problems. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Swallowing Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Touching Vomit Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.