Dec 24, 2001
Why are antibodies generated by already hiv+ people considered bad antibodies and the antibodies produced by the aids vaccine will be considered good antibodies?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Part of the reason is a production problem (not enough being made) and part is a functional problem (not enough antibodies that work effectively). By priming the pump with a vaccine to target specific antibodies to be made that are functional, one can theoretically improve the immune response.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Anal Sex With Condom
- Does HIV Cause Bloody Nose?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.