Dec 24, 2001
Hi Doc, Ive heard alot about different types of vaccines for HIV... My question is whether a vaccine will only benefit someone who isnt infected with hiv? Will there be a vaccine that will work for someone who is already infected? Thank you so much for your time...
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Several companies are working on both preventative vaccines (those that prevent infection in people who are NOT infected) and therapuetic vaccines (those that boost the immune system in people who are infected).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Saliva Transmit Hepatitis B?
- How Can Chlamydia Effect A Person's Everyday Life?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Chlamydia Sti
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.