Dec 24, 2001
Hi Doc, Ive heard alot about different types of vaccines for HIV... My question is whether a vaccine will only benefit someone who isnt infected with hiv? Will there be a vaccine that will work for someone who is already infected? Thank you so much for your time...
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Several companies are working on both preventative vaccines (those that prevent infection in people who are NOT infected) and therapuetic vaccines (those that boost the immune system in people who are infected).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.