Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can stress of death change the and number of CD4 and VL.
Dec 24, 2001

Dear Doc. I am writing from Italy. In two year after exposure of HIV and being HIV+ is possible having CD4 420 and VL 35'000? Is that still ARS or heavy damage of immunity system. The of CD4+CD3+ = 36 is it to low? The total lymphocyte are 1147 /mmc. And WBC 4.82 X 10A month before after a routine test examination ( I didnt now I was HIV+) I had WBC 5.21 X10 and total lymphocyte 1516 /mmc When I was told to repeat the test for Hiv+ I was scared to death and escaped abroad it was the hell. After a month of hesitation I made another confirmative test which result positive (P 35) I couldnt slept, I have intense sweat 3-4 liters every night, few grades temperature during the day and I had not even the force to move up for more then 10 minutes I had cold sweat and risk to fell down. All this for 25 days of terror and will to die. Another fact is that (I think by extremely emotional stress) I was founded proteins in my urine that was no present in the first examination of only 25 days before the latest examination. Can stress of death change the and number of CD4 and VL. Thank you

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Although not adequately studied, stress has been shown anecdotally to decrease CD4 counts.

Previous
T-cell
Next
Vaccine?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.