Dec 24, 2001
Does Hiv-1 kill off all t cells or only cd-4 ? I've read that it kills off cd4 and cd8, but my doctor tells me only cd4 ? Both my counts are depressed .
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although CD4 cells are the major target, CD8 cells can be infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After French Kissing
- Is Itchy Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.