Dec 24, 2001
Does Hiv-1 kill off all t cells or only cd-4 ? I've read that it kills off cd4 and cd8, but my doctor tells me only cd4 ? Both my counts are depressed .
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although CD4 cells are the major target, CD8 cells can be infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Should Be Used To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does It Mean To Be Exposed To Herpes?
- What Happens If Syphilis Goes Untreated?
- What Is The Normal Range On Herpes 2 Igg Test?
- Vitamins That Suppress Herpes Outbreaks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.