|Viral load question...
Dec 24, 2001
As I read the questions that many have posted on this site, I see that many of the people in my situation (diagnosed in the past year and not on meds) have btw 400-600 CD4, which is about what I have, but their viral loads are 510 (in the hundreds) and mine is 6,000. What is considered "high" ?
To me 6,000 seems up there....
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The arbitrary ranges are as follows: low: 50-5000 medium: 5000-50,000 high: > 50,000
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.