|Updated tests additional info please post
Dec 24, 2001
I also spoke to an individual from Gen-Probe. The new test that is being implemented (NAT) to screen the nation's blood supply detects both HIV 1 group O and group N. So feel better that the blood supply is safe. Also, do not donate blood to see if you are HIV - that is not right. RJP
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Soon After Can You Test For Std?
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
- Can Gonorrhea Be Transmitted Through Kissing?
- Can Having Genital Herpes Affect Hiv Antibody Test?
- Can Hiv Subtype A/e Be Detected By Hiv Rapid Tests?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.