Kaletra and Grapefruit Seed Extract?
Oct 8, 2005
Can I use grapefruit seed extract while using Kaletra? If not, why?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would be reluctant to suggest you can use this extract with Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir). We know that grapefruit and its juice can inhibit enzymes in the liver that also are involved with Kaletra metabolism.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Pneumonia Be Acute Sign Of Hiv?
- Does Syphilis Affect Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.