|Night Sweats causes and concerns
Dec 22, 2001
Just wandering at what stage does "Night Sweats" starts to hit an HIV infected person? Is it possible to get them within the first 6 months of possible HIV infection?
For a HIV patient what causes night sweats to happen.. Please answer.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Drenching night sweats are a complication of advanced HIV disease and usually indicate an as yet undiagnosed opportunistic infection. Any number of OIs can cause this, including MAC, CMV, PCP, histoplasmosis, and TB. It can also be associated with opportunistic malignancies, such as lymphoma.
cmv- and hiv+
stomach and side discomfort
- Can You Get Hiv Aids From Kissing With A Cut In Your Mouth?
- What Can Be Done For Neuropathy?
- Are There People Out There Who Have The Hiv Virus But Never Get Sick?
- How Will The Doctor Contact Me If I Test Positive For Hiv?
- Cure For Hiv In Near Future
- Negative Hiv Test After Window Period Should I Retest
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.