|Night Sweats causes and concerns
Dec 22, 2001
Just wandering at what stage does "Night Sweats" starts to hit an HIV infected person? Is it possible to get them within the first 6 months of possible HIV infection?
For a HIV patient what causes night sweats to happen.. Please answer.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Drenching night sweats are a complication of advanced HIV disease and usually indicate an as yet undiagnosed opportunistic infection. Any number of OIs can cause this, including MAC, CMV, PCP, histoplasmosis, and TB. It can also be associated with opportunistic malignancies, such as lymphoma.
cmv- and hiv+
stomach and side discomfort
- How Long Do People Live With Hiv Without Treatment?
- Can A Woman Transmit Hiv To A Man Through Fellatio?
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.