Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Fingers Falling asleep

Hi, I have been poz for only 2.5 months. Havn't got my viral loads or t4 count back yet. I notice that at night that 2 fingers fall asleep in my hands frequently, and the same 2 fingers on the other hand fall asleep frequently as well. Is this normal, or is this an early sign of PN. Thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Neuropathy starts in the toes, and may not even progress to involve the hands. Also-- neuropathy doesn't go away after you waker up and move around. I think you have some pinched nerves as a result of your sleeping position or possible some spinal arthritis.

exposure pain
T cell question