Dec 13, 2001
Doctor, I am suffering from depression may not be HIV as long as I tested -ve after 6 months 3 weeks on blood drawn antibody strip rapid test from a reputed manufacturer in US. (Abbott)
Now I am on fluvoxamine maleate for my depression & testing recurrently?
Will this medicine affect test result? Please reply..
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Fluvoxamine will not affect the accuracy of the HIV test.
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- Acute Infection 5 Days After Exposure
- Does Hiv Cause Vaginal Burning Sensation?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes In Neck And Groin
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.