Dec 13, 2001
Doctor, I am suffering from depression may not be HIV as long as I tested -ve after 6 months 3 weeks on blood drawn antibody strip rapid test from a reputed manufacturer in US. (Abbott)
Now I am on fluvoxamine maleate for my depression & testing recurrently?
Will this medicine affect test result? Please reply..
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Fluvoxamine will not affect the accuracy of the HIV test.
- Can U Get Hiv Through A Dried Up Cut?
- Will Urine Be A Certain Color If You Have Chlamydia?
- What's The Difference Between Bacterial Vaginosis And Yeast Infection?
- What Does It Mean To Have A Positive Hpv Blood Test?
- What Are Ways To Prevent Getting Herpes?
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.