|Is citomegalovirusin hiv patiens a problem
Dec 10, 2001
Is citomegalovirus once positive then developed antibodies when young in hiv patients a problem
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It could become a problem if the HIV+ person has very low CD4 cells, usually less than 50. In that case, the CMV can "reactivate" (start growing again) and can cause CMV disease somewhere in the body.
- Is 8 Week Hiv Test Conclusive?
- Can You Get Hiv From Saliva To Blood?
- Are Swollen Thyroid Glands A Symptom Of Aids?
- Can Males Have Bareback Sex If They Are Not Hiv Positive?
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting Hiv If Using A Condom Correctly?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.