Dec 10, 2001
IS GBS associated with HIV? If so then at what stage of the infection is it likely to occur? Is it recommended that if yo have GBS you get tested for HIV?
Thanks for the reply
Response from Dr. Feinberg
GBS has been descibed in association with HIV and typically is seen as part of a seroconversion illness. It is not generally recommended that a person with GBS be tested for HIV on the basis if the GBS diagnosis, but if the person with GBS is sexually active, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check for HIV.
follicolitis or what?
Is citomegalovirusin hiv patiens a problem
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginitis Caused By Laundry Detergent
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Acute Hiv Symptoms Tongue White Spots
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.