Dec 10, 2001
IS GBS associated with HIV? If so then at what stage of the infection is it likely to occur? Is it recommended that if yo have GBS you get tested for HIV?
Thanks for the reply
Response from Dr. Feinberg
GBS has been descibed in association with HIV and typically is seen as part of a seroconversion illness. It is not generally recommended that a person with GBS be tested for HIV on the basis if the GBS diagnosis, but if the person with GBS is sexually active, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check for HIV.
follicolitis or what?
Is citomegalovirusin hiv patiens a problem
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
- What Does Being Exposed To Herpes Mean?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.