Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Seborrheic Dermatitis: Common in early asymptomatic HIV infection?
Dec 10, 2001

Hello Dr.Feinberg,

Great job your doing! Cheers to you for helping all of us! Four months ago(first exposure) and 11 weeks ago(last exposure), I had an unprotected sexual relationship with a Co-worker. We were with each other on 6 different occasions. I am petrified I have HIV despite 2 negative ELISA's. 1st one at 6 weeks into relationship, 2nd one at 9 weeks post exposure. I can remember having a short AVS like illness shortly after our last encounter. What really scared me was the onset of Seborrheic Dermatitis at 1 to 2 months after exposure! I have read there is an 85 prevalency rate in HIV/AIDS infected people and it can be an early symptom of HIV infection. Right now I believe my left tonsil is slightly swollen and my right tonsil looks normal but has something on it. I am so convinced I have HIV, I have already started excepting it. I have also had a small round faint pink rash with little bumps in it and slight scaling, itched a little at onset not at all anymore, about the size of a dime and has been with me 1 month already. If I don't have every HIV symptom, I don't know who does...

It is in our moment of decision that our destiny is shaped, I must live now with my stupid unwise choice to have unprotected sex and trust someone I didn't know that long. And just for the record folks, I have a Genius level IQ, this can happen to anyone, smart or not.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thanks for your comments-- you're right, inte;lligence is no barrier to HIV infection. Despite your many worries, the fact that two test have been negative is hopeful. Hang in there!

Previous
Help Me! Was I infected with MAC?
Next
thrush

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.