Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Thrush and its diagnosis

Dr Judith,

I had a red spot on my tongue and went to the docotr to check it up. It looked like a small protursion onthe tipo of my tongue. I was worried that this might be thrush.

The doctor told me that this was not the way that thrush would manifest itself. She said that as a prophylactic treatment she would give me Pimafucin. She asked me to apply a few drops on the spot twice a day and come back after 3 days. I went back after three days (spot was gone in 2 days). She took a swab and scraped it against the area and sent it to the lab to make sure that it was not thrush.

Results came back negative for any fungus or bacteria. She said that it was not thrush 100 and that it may have been me biting my tongue accidentally.

Is this a correct approach and diagnosis?

Thanks for the response.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Yes. It certainly didn't sound like thrush to me, either.

Testing at 1 year?
Top three Opportunistic infections