|Dry Skin on Penis
Dec 3, 2001
Every once in a while the skin on the tip of my penis feels dry and starts to peel off, I don't feel any pain or irritation of any kind. I am not sexually active, so I know its not an STD. Can you tell me what's wrong?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds most likely to me to be a fungal infection of the skin, less delicately known as "jock itch", which is not an STD. Try some over-the-counter antifungal ointment that contains nystatin or miconazole and see if that clears up the problem.
AIDS with contact from Underwear
- Is Dry Patches On My Penis A Sign Of Std?
- Dark Bumps After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.