Dec 3, 2001
Is it possible that you experience symptoms only in one hand or one leg? Is it also possible that you expereince the symptoms on you hands and not in your legs? Would cold feet without any pain or numbness also classify as symptoms of PN?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HIV-associated PN is always symmetrical, meaining that it involves both side of the body. It affects the longest nerves first,so feet are affected before the hands. Sometimes the sensation is described as feeling cold.
Stressful job dangerous?
- If I Got Vaccine Against Hep B Should I Be Reactive To Testing?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- Where On Body Can Hpv Virus Spread?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Chlamydia Disease?
- Transmission Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.