Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Nurse from Thailand - Follow up

Thank you very much for the answer.

Have you seen any cases where the absolute lymph count goes up in the first 3 months? Also you have said that the situation is unusual for HIV infection , does this mean that it is medically impossible for this to happen? If it can happen could you please educate me under what circumstances this is possible.

The lymph count numbers in question are 1.5 (22, 2 weeks) , 2.6 (26 , 4 weeks) , 3.1 (35 , 11 weeks) , 2.7 (36 , 14 weeks)

Getting your time and answers from you is much more easier than my own doctors in the hospital. I really appreciate your help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have not personally seen cases of new HIV infection where the total lymphocyte count goes up, but we are taught to "never say never" in medicine.... Similarly, "unusual" doesn't mean "impossible"-- once agaain, this falls under the "never say ever" rule.

RE: Nurse in Thailand
EARLY SIGNS!!!!!!!