Nov 27, 2001
What is Aseptic Meningitis and what are the symptoms?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Aseptic meningitis is an infection or inflammatory condition that affects the meninges which cover the brain. Aseeeeeptic means it is not caused by bacteria, but by a virus, a fungus or some other microorganissm. The symptoms are severe headache, neck stiffness and fever, aaaaand sometimes sensitivity to light.
?YEARS BEFORE SYMPTOMS
- Is Touching Urine Safe?
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.