Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Pregnancy and CMV

Last December my pregnancy test results came back showing that I have CMV. My doctor recommended that I have an abortion. One year later after another blood test they show my antibodies to still be very high with CMV. How much longer will it take for my antibodies to go down. Are there any medicines for curing CMV? I would like to get pregnant again very soon. PLEASE HELP

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If your test last year was a positive CMV IgM, then your doctor was right to suggest an abortion. However, even if you were CMV IgM+ last year, by now you should be CMV IgG+, and that should not stop you from being pregnant. (If your test last year was a positive IgG, and not a +IgM, then your doctor gave you bad advice' and you might want to find another oBSTETRICIAN.) Good luck!

lymphoma
Post-PCP