|Does PCP only affect a person with HIV virus?
Nov 22, 2001
My husband has PCP. Does this mean that his is a carrier of the HIV virus or AIDS?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
PCP can occcur in other immunodeficient states, such as lymphoma or severe protein-calorie malnutrition. Most people are infected with Pneumocystis when they are small children, and this is either an asymptomatic infection or winds up being diagnosed as just another respiratory infection to which young children are prone. Healthy adults do not get symptomatic PCP.
- I Have Pcp Does That Mean I Have Aids
- Risk Of Sex With A Prostitute
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.