|Infection versus no meds
Nov 22, 2001
Dear doctor I am positive since 2 years ago. CD4 always up to 500 and VL less than 10,000. I've never been on meds. My question is: if these numbers stay stable what kind of opportunistic infections can I get? Thanks
Response from Dr. Feinberg
IF these lab results remained stable forever, you are not likely to get any major OIs. The problem is that HIV infection is progressive, and these values will eventually slip. Once your T cells decline sufficiently, you will be vulnerable to a wide range of OIs. When you CD4 cells drift below 350, give serious thought to combination meds for HIV. Good luck!
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.