Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

cmv help!!!!

Please help if you can. I had a test last week that showed my liver elevations were high. I had an ultrasound on liver ab kidneys. Tests were normal for liver, a slightly enlarged spleen 12 cm in length. A questionable smal echogenic focus identified a shadowing on the right kidney. A screening showed positive for Hep C antibody and my CMV showed 7.66. In this past week I have had quite a bit of improvement on my energy level, feel pretty normal again. My liver elevations have gone down dramatically. I am really scared. The dr. said it could be any number of things. I had a transfusion about 20 years ago and have had 1 HIV test that was negative. The test was done in the mid 80's.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like you may have picked up Hep C from the transfusion, and possibly CMV as well. Once all the testing including repeat HIV are is completed, taalk to your doctor about the possibility of treatment for hepatitis C. HIV- people with normal immune systems rarely need to to treated for CMV, if that turns out to be part of your problem.

HPV Question
Interpreting symptoms