Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

phuemonia
Nov 22, 2001

IN SEPT. OF 2000 WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD PHUEMONIA. IN OCT OF 2001 I FOUND OUT I WAS HIV+ .THE DOCTORS BELEIVE THAT IN SEPT. WAS THE TIME WHEN I CONVERTED CAUSE I NEVER HAVE BEEN SICK BEFORE THAT. SINCE THAT TIME I HAVE BEEN HOSPITALIZED FOR DOUBLE PHUEMONIA 2X AND BRONC. ABOUT 6X. MY QUESTION IS THIS GOING TO GET WORSE AS I PROGRESS AND WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP GETTING THIS CAUSE THEY SAY EVERYTIME I GET THIS IT DAMAGES MY LUNGS MORE. WHAT CAN I DO???

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Absolutely the best thing you can do is to start on an effective combination of HIV medsss so your immune system can toughen up. And if you're a smoker, then quit-- smoking really increases your risk for respiratory infections. Good luck!

Previous
severe pain due to fluid around lung/pneumonia
Next
HPV Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.