Nov 12, 2001
Is PN is OI?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Peripheral neuropathy is not an opportunistic infection. It is not caused directly by a germ. It is a reaction to a substance that is harmful to nerves, and can be associated with advanced HIV disease even in the absence of a toxic exposure. It is not clear why this happens.
In respond please help
severe pain due to fluid around lung/pneumonia
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- Irritation On Penis Tip After Sex Syphilis Sti
- Vaginal Discharge Viral Infection Complications
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.