|lump behind my left nipple
Nov 12, 2001
I have a lump directly under my left nipple. I am male. i notced it several days ago. feels like a lypm gland. are there lymphnodes in that area? i am poz since 92' viral load <50 t's >500. taking epivir, abacavir, zerit. what could this be?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There are no lymph nodes behind the nipple. Most likely, this is gynecomastia-- the development of additional breast in men. I've seen this in other treated HIV+ men with a good response to HIV meds also. Since 1% of breast cancers develop in men, the safest thing to do would be to see your doctor and discuss having a mmammogram done to make sure this is normal breast tissue. Good luck!
Just a question
re: PLEASE HELP
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.