Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Vaginal Yeast

Dear Dr. Feinberg, I will get straight to the point. Went to the doctor, and he diagnosed me with a yeast infection and prescribed me oral as well as topical meds. But infection never went away. Many months later, I'm still suffering, after using numerous otc creams. Is it possible that I was wrongly diagnosed? Can bacterial infections resemble yeast infections? Hope you can respond, thank you so much.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It is possible to be misdiagnosed. Other causes of vaginitis can cause a discharge and irritation (redness of the tissues), but typical yeast infections are pretty easy to identify. I suggest you either ask this doctor to look at the discharge under the microscope and to perform a culture, or, see another physician.

kaposi sarcoma
Average time for OI onset