|Why test again?
Oct 30, 2001
I read your response to the TB&HIV post where the person tells you he's tested "few times before and beyond" the window period. Why then do you recommend testing again? Isn't this enough?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
As I recall, I recommended retesting in this case because it wasn't clear that the most recent test occurred after the diagnosis of TB. In this situation, there is no clear 'window period' as there is for a specific exposure to HIV as the result of a specific act or behavior.
I hope this makes sense.
Why do AIDS patients get rare diseases?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Chills After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Condom Popped Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.