|Girlfriend has shingles
Oct 23, 2001
My girlfriend has just been diagnosed with Shingles. However, we both tested negative for HIV 5 months ago before we began having unprotected sex. I have been monagamous since, and I'm pretty sure she has as well. Should we be re-tested? Should we be concerned about HIV?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
People who are HIV- and who have normal immune systems can also get shingles-- it's not limited to people with HIV. But if you're anxious about it, the right answer is always to get tested.
Mulluscum still there after aldara cream
bell's palsey and HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
- Can You Get Hiv From Someone Undetectable?
- Does HIV Symptoms Reappear 6 Months After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.