|Girlfriend has shingles
Oct 23, 2001
My girlfriend has just been diagnosed with Shingles. However, we both tested negative for HIV 5 months ago before we began having unprotected sex. I have been monagamous since, and I'm pretty sure she has as well. Should we be re-tested? Should we be concerned about HIV?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
People who are HIV- and who have normal immune systems can also get shingles-- it's not limited to people with HIV. But if you're anxious about it, the right answer is always to get tested.
Mulluscum still there after aldara cream
bell's palsey and HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.