|Girlfriend has shingles
Oct 23, 2001
My girlfriend has just been diagnosed with Shingles. However, we both tested negative for HIV 5 months ago before we began having unprotected sex. I have been monagamous since, and I'm pretty sure she has as well. Should we be re-tested? Should we be concerned about HIV?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
People who are HIV- and who have normal immune systems can also get shingles-- it's not limited to people with HIV. But if you're anxious about it, the right answer is always to get tested.
Mulluscum still there after aldara cream
bell's palsey and HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
- Can I Get Std Disease From A Kiss?
- Can One Get HIV From Touching Semen?
- Hepatitis Transmission Receiving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.