Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Will I Be Anemic

Dear Doctor,

I am positive for a little over year now. For a period over 3 months, I have noticed a very small decrease in my rbc, hb, and hct. My rbc started out at 5.43 and it is now at 4.86, my hb started at 16.4 and now 15-8 and my hct started at 51.3 and is now at 45.9-- Do these changes mean that I am possibly developing anemia. My doctor does not seem to be worried, but I am..

Thanks..

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There has been a slight decrease in your red blood cells, but not enough to worry about anemia. The kind of changes you're describing could just be normal day-to-day variability in testing.

Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
pseudonomas question