|Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
Oct 21, 2001
With the talk of Americans resuming vaccinations for small pox what are the ramifications of an HIV+ person receiving this vaccine which as I understand contains the live samll pox virus? Thanks for your help. Concerned in Houston
Response from Dr. Feinberg
In general, live virus vaccines should not be used in persons with immune deficiency, whether that is due to HIV or a different condition.
Will I Be Anemic
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
- Symptoms Of Herpes Sores Or Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.