|Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
Oct 21, 2001
With the talk of Americans resuming vaccinations for small pox what are the ramifications of an HIV+ person receiving this vaccine which as I understand contains the live samll pox virus? Thanks for your help. Concerned in Houston
Response from Dr. Feinberg
In general, live virus vaccines should not be used in persons with immune deficiency, whether that is due to HIV or a different condition.
Will I Be Anemic
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
- Time Lapse For Genital Herpes Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.