|Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
Oct 21, 2001
With the talk of Americans resuming vaccinations for small pox what are the ramifications of an HIV+ person receiving this vaccine which as I understand contains the live samll pox virus? Thanks for your help. Concerned in Houston
Response from Dr. Feinberg
In general, live virus vaccines should not be used in persons with immune deficiency, whether that is due to HIV or a different condition.
Will I Be Anemic
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Can PCR Test Result Show False Positive?
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.