|Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
Oct 21, 2001
With the talk of Americans resuming vaccinations for small pox what are the ramifications of an HIV+ person receiving this vaccine which as I understand contains the live samll pox virus? Thanks for your help. Concerned in Houston
Response from Dr. Feinberg
In general, live virus vaccines should not be used in persons with immune deficiency, whether that is due to HIV or a different condition.
Will I Be Anemic
- Most People Infected With Hiv Experience Ars Symptoms
- If You Have Hiv Should Your Skin Turn Dark?
- Can U Have Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Partner And Not Get It?
- I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Infected Partner
- What Is Candidiasis In The Skin And Nails?
- Lamictal Medication For Neuropathy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.