Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

I am currently taking Trizivir, Agenerase, and Norvir. I have neuropathy but sometimes I get a sensation in my arms and legs that feels like a continous mild shock on or near the surface of my skin that can be pretty intense. Is this part of the neuropathy and what causes it? Is there any other treatment besides Elevil to treat this?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It could be part of your neuropathy-- check with your doctor. The dose of Elavil can be increased until symptoms are controlled. Other approaches include the use of gabapentin (Neurontin).

White layer on tongue
Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals