Oct 21, 2001
I am currently taking Trizivir, Agenerase, and Norvir. I have neuropathy but sometimes I get a sensation in my arms and legs that feels like a continous mild shock on or near the surface of my skin that can be pretty intense. Is this part of the neuropathy and what causes it? Is there any other treatment besides Elevil to treat this?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It could be part of your neuropathy-- check with your doctor. The dose of Elavil can be increased until symptoms are controlled. Other approaches include the use of gabapentin (Neurontin).
White layer on tongue
Small pox vaccine & HIV+ individuals
- Does Penis Discharge Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.