|White layer on tongue
Oct 21, 2001
I have a white coating on my tongue. It's not in patches. I seems to be all over the top of my tongue. It won't scrap off. Close inspection reveals they look like very small white strands about 1mm long. Do you know what this is.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It may be oral hairy leukoplakia, but it's impossible to identify things for certain without seeing them. Check with your dentist or your doctor.
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Will Rinsing Your Mouth With Peroxide Help Thrush?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
- Can Animals Give You Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.