Oct 21, 2001
I noticed that the definition for Oral Hairy Leukoplakia is a lesion that is corrugated. I noticed that my tongue looks corrugated on the sides. Is that normal, or something to be alarmed about?
Thank you for your time
Response from Dr. Feinberg
OHL doesn't just look "corrugated", it is white and looks shaggy or hairy.
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C By Cleaning After The Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.