|serious folliculitus problem on beard
Aug 16, 2000
I have been told i have folliculitis on my beard area,
and various treatments just dry up the skin and only slightly help the problem.
I keep shaving but as the stubble grows back the problem continues. I have it for years, and its like acne.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
This is a tough problem, and often due to beard hairs that grow into the skin. You don't say what kind of treatments you've had, but a solid course of antibiotics by mouth might be useful. I don't think topical medicines would be the best approach for such a chronic problem.
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
- How Fast Does Doxycycline Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.