|serious folliculitus problem on beard
Aug 16, 2000
I have been told i have folliculitis on my beard area,
and various treatments just dry up the skin and only slightly help the problem.
I keep shaving but as the stubble grows back the problem continues. I have it for years, and its like acne.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
This is a tough problem, and often due to beard hairs that grow into the skin. You don't say what kind of treatments you've had, but a solid course of antibiotics by mouth might be useful. I don't think topical medicines would be the best approach for such a chronic problem.
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.