Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Spots on chest

Dear Dr. Feinberg,

I am writing to you in regard to some very tiny, scarlet-colored spots that have appeared on different areas of my chest over the last couple of months. They are no bigger than the head of a pin (except for one that is slightly larger); they fade away almost completely when I press them with my fingernail, and then very slowly regain their scarlet color. They are flat, and not painful, either. They show no signs of going away. I was wondering if this sounds like any type of OI you may know of, as I have become concerned that they are not going away at all.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no substitute for actually seeing a skin problem. I suggest you see a dermatologist or, at least, your family doctor for an evaluation.

Compliment
Cystic fibrosis, cepacia, human parvo virus and now aspergillus