Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

sleep disturbance with joints pain and tiredness

Hi I am poz from last 2 years in no medicine. I am from developing country where CD4 and viral load measuring instruments are not available. Antiviral can be bought without prescription however, very expensive. I can not afford hence not in med. from last 3 weeks I am feeling chronic joints pain which disturbing my sleep and pain in all muscles.

I visited physician and tested CBC,uric acid, RA factor, liver function, etc., all came normal. However, I have not told the physicians my poz status.

what is happening to me? will you help me?

patient

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I would love to be able to help you, but I just don't have enough information to do that. Tiredness and joint pain can be due to a large number of causes, including various infections. It does not help your doctor to find out what is wrong with you if he/she does not know that you have HIV. If your problem is related to HIV, it would be very very helpful to know your CD4 cell count. This may not be readily available, but your doctor may be able to find a place to get it done, even in a developing country. Good luck!

PML, HIV-
Kidney Transplant/Dialysis