Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

I am a bit Confused!

I was infected with herpes from having unprotected sex. My girl new about my condition and still wanted to have unprotected sex in hopes of childbirth. She now has the herpes as well. Some questions as follows:

1.) Will the continuance of unprotected sex between the both of form a more resistent form of herpes or even lead to HIV/AIDS?

2.) If me and my girl are successful in producing a child, are there any problems that will arise from the conditions both me and my girl have from herpes and reinfection and all?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If neither of you has HIV now and you remain faithful to one another, then there's no need to worry about HIV. Sometimes a pregnant woman who has herpes risks infecting her baby if the herpes is active at the time of delivery. If an obstetrician knows that a woman has herpes, they monitor her more closely as delivery nears, so that the baby can be delivered by Caesarian section to avoid the risk of herpes infection.

Does talking to prostitute or just hanging around will get HIV?
ARS Timespan