Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

want to know exactly what the medicines can do for me
Aug 31, 2000

well I'm taking a lot's of medicines but still no effect. is there anything wrong with those medicines or due to my mentel stress those are not showing effects. should i change the treatment? will it help me? please tell me

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There may be a number of reasons why your HIV medicines are not working. These include whether you are taking the right dose at the right time under the right conditions (for example, with food or without food), whether the drugs are being absorbed properly from your stomach into your blood, whether your HIV is sensitive or resistant to the drugs you're taking, whether the combination prescribed for you is powerful enough, or whether there are other prescription or over-the-counter medicines that are interfering with the HIV medicines. Mental stress should not keep the drugs from working.

I suggest that you sit down with your doctor and go over how you are taking your medicine to see if that could be part of the problem. Honesty in this matter is essential -- your doctor can't help you if s/he doesn't know the full story. If your doctor cannot make the time to go over this with you, then look for another doctor.

Previous
Follow Up On Hidradenitis Suppurativa Please
Next
Impact of Aids on Operational requirements of flight attendants

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.