Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Follow Up On Hidradenitis Suppurativa Please

Could you please shed a little more light on one of your earlier responses. I have had lumps that come and go in my pubic area and groin for years. The last one I had my doctor dismissed as a sebaceous cyst. Now I have one on my back that I am going to let him look at. Since these things fade away with warm compresses and applying alcohol does that indicate they are not cancerous? I have a very sensitive skin and would really appreciate your response. Would I need to go to a dermatologist to see if I have hidradenitis suppurativa?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Hidradenitis suppurativa only occurs in the armpits and groin. Skin infections (furuncles) can occur in other areas, and you may be prone to those, too. These are not cancerous. A skin doctor, infectious diseases doctor, or even a general internist ought to be able to diagnose hidradenitis.

numbers 101-questions re: ks/chemo effects
want to know exactly what the medicines can do for me