Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Chronic inner-eye infections

There seems to be an infection in my husbands eyes. It has no name and the doctors don't know why it is there, where it came from, nor what further damage it will do. It causes the pressure in the eyes to build and the blood vessels to burst, filling the eye with blood so that light cannot reflect and he is blind in the eye. It has caused severe damage to both retinas, though usually one at a time. His night vision is gone. He now has several blind spots. His eyes continually drip blood, internally. The blood cells, snowbank and float. He is in constant pain, aspirin seems to be the only relief from the pain, but it is not enough. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Do you need more details? Who is the authority on eye problems today? Where can I get help and treatment for my husband?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have not seen a case like this. Dr. Michael Barza in Boston is an expert on eye infections. Good luck!

Eczema
Thank You