Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chronic inner-eye infections
Sep 1, 2000

There seems to be an infection in my husbands eyes. It has no name and the doctors don't know why it is there, where it came from, nor what further damage it will do. It causes the pressure in the eyes to build and the blood vessels to burst, filling the eye with blood so that light cannot reflect and he is blind in the eye. It has caused severe damage to both retinas, though usually one at a time. His night vision is gone. He now has several blind spots. His eyes continually drip blood, internally. The blood cells, snowbank and float. He is in constant pain, aspirin seems to be the only relief from the pain, but it is not enough. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Do you need more details? Who is the authority on eye problems today? Where can I get help and treatment for my husband?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have not seen a case like this. Dr. Michael Barza in Boston is an expert on eye infections. Good luck!

Previous
Eczema
Next
Thank You

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.