Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

travelling to india

hello doctor, I want to travel to india, can you please tell me which vaccines I need to take before I go there, and do I need to take any prophylactics? I'm not on any antiHIV drugs. thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Check the CDC's website at www.cdc.gov for the information for travellers. Depending on where you intend to go in India, this resource will give you useful information about appropriate types of protection. You didn't mention what your overall state of health is or what your T cell count is, which may further influence the kinds of protection you should optimally have.

HPV Treatment
A new (fatal?) wrinkle