Sep 25, 2000
I just found out that one of the cats I have has toxoplasma and I am concerned that it might infect one of us. he had the symptoms for over a year but they just discovered the problem. the cat just moved in here about 2 weeks ago. should I be this worried?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Typically it is only kittens -- not grown cats -- that harbor toxo in their intestines. If you are HIV+, then either get someone else to change the litter box, or change it carefully, wearing disposable gloves and wash your hands thoroughly. If you're HIV-, then don't worry about it.
initial dx of AIDS after PCP and esophogitis; what next
Persistent HPV manifestation
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Can I Move On After A 9 Month Hiv Test?
- Does A Contraceptive Pill Affect A Hiv Test?
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.