Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Herpes?

Married with children. Just recently in past couple months have been breaking out with small blisters in the pubic hair area. They have never appeared close to the vaginal area. Approx. a good 3 in from that area. I never thought about it until the last break out and starting reading up on herpes. And realized I probably have it. My first question is how did I contract this? And secondly does herpes preceed a sign of HIV sympton? I've been with the same guy for 8 years.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like this may be herpes. The only way to know for sure is to have the fluid in the little blsiters cultured-- if it is indeed herpes, the viral culture will be positive in 24-48 hours in most people. Having herpes does not mean that you will get HIV. You probably picked up the herpes from your current or a previuos partner.

CBC during ARS
Does talking to prostitute or just hanging around will get HIV?