Oct 14, 2001
how would of i contracted the virus...i am 12 weeks pregnant how would this virus effect the feotus and myself
Response from Dr. Feinberg
You may have gotten CMV from a very young child, for example, by changing its diaper and not washing up thoroughly enough afterwards. CMV in the first trimester can cause significant damage to organs that are forming at that time in the fetus. See your obstetrician right away.
what to do next ??
- If The Woman Already Has Hiv Can A Man Get It Through Vaginal Sex?
- Would The Doctor Tell You Right Away About The Result Of Hiv Test
- Can Vaginal Secretions Cause Hiv?
- Can People With Hiv Get Married?
- When You Get Hiv When Do The Flu-like Symptoms Happen?
- Can A Dentist Refuse To Treat Someone With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.