Oct 14, 2001
how would of i contracted the virus...i am 12 weeks pregnant how would this virus effect the feotus and myself
Response from Dr. Feinberg
You may have gotten CMV from a very young child, for example, by changing its diaper and not washing up thoroughly enough afterwards. CMV in the first trimester can cause significant damage to organs that are forming at that time in the fetus. See your obstetrician right away.
what to do next ??
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of HIV?
- HIV Test After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.