Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Sed rate question

Dear Doctor,

I dont want to frustrate you or anger you, however I was hoping you could give a better answer to this question.

You have said before that you have seen normal sed rates in HIV infected individuals, but is it in anyway normal or possible to see a sed rate of 2 or lower in an HIV infected individual. Although I understand that you do not want anyone to misinterpet your answer and your job is to encourage HIV testing, this would really help us understand and I am sure you wouldnt get anymore of these sed rate questions.

Thank You For Your Valued Time..

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A normal sed rate is 0 to about 20 in most labs. If an HIV+ person can have a normal sed rate, that means it can be anywhere from 0 to 20.

What are the most common OIs?
Thrush and Lympths nodes pains