Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

question about skin

Doctor i was wondering when skin problems related to aids show up.Ereryone says symptoms of aids on an avg. take ten years or more to start,does that also mean the skin problems related to the virus also.I know have skin problems DONT mean you have the virus but in your opion could it be a precursur for the virus.the problems i am asking about is folliculitis. thank you for your time

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Some skin problems, like folliculitis, seem to be more common in people with HIV than in HIV-s. However, folliculitis (as well as some other skin problems) is VERY common, and there are (thank God) more HIV- people in the world than HIV+s. So what I am trying to tell you is that having folliculitis is NOT by itself a sign of HIV/AIDS-- it is a very common problem and its occurrence should not be overinterpreted.

???????
Feel like my body is seizing up with deep achiness/soreness